NKU Undergraduate Programs Overview 2023
Nankai University is a key comprehensive university directly affiliated with the Chinese Ministry of Education, and is the Alma Mater of the esteemed Premier of P.R. China, Zhou Enlai, who is a world-famous politician and diplomatist. Founded in 1919 by the famous patriotic educators, Dr. Zhang Boling and Yan Xiu, Nankai has featured as a university balanced between the humanities and the sciences, with a solid foundation, and a combination of application and creativity.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, above the age of 18(born before September 1st, 2005), and at least have senior high school diploma with good academic performance.
2. Chinese language proficiency of HSK Level 4 with a score no less than 180，thedetailed professional requirements for selected programs are listed in the attached “2023 Undergraduate Programs of Nankai University for International Students”.
3. The conditions set by Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met.
For more information please reference:
II.Training Modeand Length of Study
The undergraduate programs for international students are based on the 1+3 “Academy System” mode, with the length of study at 4 years. Liberal courses are supplied in the first year, followed by three-year professional studies. In each application, two undergraduate programs can be chosen, however, a few of colleges would not accept the applicant who take them as the second choice.The details can be found in the document attached,“2023UndergraduatePrograms of Nankai University for International Students”.
1. Online application: create account, complete application form, upload documents as required, pay application fee online (400 RMB), and submit application on Nankai International Students Application system.
Online application starts from December 15th, 2022-May15th, 2023.
2. Application Review
Applications submitted with all the information correct and completed will be evaluated by Nankai University.
3. Integrative Assessment
Applicants who passed application review will be admitted into the integrative assessment. Integrative assessment will be arranged 3 times during Feb, Apr. and May 2023 respectively. Applicants are suggested to arrange their applications following the assessment schedule, The assessment method and time will be confirmed and informed in advance via online application system and applicants’ email. Top 20% of the applicants in each integrative assessment will be granted “Study-at-NKU” President Scholarship.
The admission decision is based on a comprehensive evaluation of academic performance, language ability, supporting materials as well as integrative assessment. Applicants can check their admission status on the online application system. Admission notices will be sent out starting from June 2023.
1. Passport information page (must be valid after April 1st, 2024); For applicants currently residing in Mainland China, valid visa or resident permit page is needed；
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date, and submit the diploma if admitted)
3. Official senior high school transcripts or transcripts of academic achievement up to the present.If the transcript is in a language other than Chinese or English, then a notarized translation must be provided；
4. A personal statement, written in either Chinese or English;
5. An HSK level 4 certificate with a score of no less than 180;
6. One recommendation letter, written in either Chinese or English;
7. Other materials that can prove the applicants’ learning ability and comprehensive abilities, such as award certificates in sports or the arts, specialty certificates, published papers, undergraduate admission notices issued by other universities, etc.；
8. Record of Physical Examination for Foreigners: can be filled out in Chinese or English. The requirements for testing must be rigorously adhered to as laid out in the form. The result must be issued after November 2022 in order to be valid;
9. Proof of Financial Security;
10. Non-criminal Record Affirmation;
If necessary, the university will contact the applicant to submit additional documents.
1. Application Fee：400 RMB
The application fee is non-refundable.
2. Tuition Fee：20,000 to 25,000 RMB/year
See the “2023 Undergraduate Programs of Nankai University for International Students” for more details.
3． Medical Insurance:1000 RMB/person/year
international students must pay the “comprehensive medical insurance” while they are studying in China (International Students Insurance website:http://www.lxbx.net/).
1. International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
Scholarship Value: Exemption from tuition fee, as well as provision of accommodation fee, provision of coverage of the comprehensive medical insurance, and a living allowance.
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2022.
2. Tianjin Government Scholarship
ScholarshipValue:Provision of tuition assistance.
Application Deadline: May15th,2022.
3.“Study-at-NKU” President Scholarship
ScholarshipValue: Provision of tuition assistance, accommodation allowance or living allowance.
Application Deadline:May15th, 2022.
All the freshmeninNankaiUniversity should live on-campusinNKU dormitories or off-campus in NKU’s cooperative apartments.
Buildings 2 and 4, Yiyuan Apartment (Balitai);
Building B, International Students Apartment (Jinnan)
Longhu Goyoo Apartment,Wangdingdidivision.
Accommodation arrangement will be confirmed in the admission letter.
VIII. Visa Information
All admitted students must bring their Admission Notice and the Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201/202) to apply for an X1 Visa. Within 30 days of arriving in China, students must have their X1 Visa converted to a Student Resident Permit.
IX. Contact Information
School of International Education， Nankai University
Operating Hours: 9：00-12：00;13：00-17：00
WeChat Official Account:NKUISO